Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Picture info

My cousin Jerri (Aunt Juanita's daughter) told me the picture of her mom and Grandpa with his fiddle was taken in Aunt Juanita and Uncle Al's backyard and was possibly at Aunt LaVaughn and Uncle Donald's wedding. The picture of Grandma and Grandpa was at their house in Vichy. The curtain separated the living room and a bedroom. The rocking chair is the one Grandpa rocked me in. It's amazing, but when Aunt Edith moved in with my parents, she brought a rocking chair just like that (she must have found it at a second hand store.) I just KNEW it looked familiar. When Aunt Alvena comes over, she sits in that rocking chair and she and Mama sing up a storm. I love to listen to them. I remember Aunt Juanita singing all the time and I so enjoyed the times they all got together and sang. I'm going to be getting with Aunt Alvena in a few days and will try to get some more information about the family. It's so much fun to talk to her about things. Will try to get some more pictures posted shortly. I have to talk to my son Chad and find out how you can all post comments.

No comments: