Monday, May 26, 2008

Why I am blogging.

I have started this blog because I am making a scrapbook for my mother Getrude (Jerri) Smith Martin who turned 89 on May 4th. She is the 5th child of Lawrence and Lula Smith. I wanted to get her scrapbook done for her birthday, but have not been able to work on it like I wanted to because we are getting ready to move. Maybe for Christmas??



In that scrapbook, I am trying to write down as much information as I can for all our future generations that would like a little bit of family history. My current two main sources of information are my memory (both what I have experienced and the stories my mom used to tell me) and Aunt Alvena who has filled in a lot of the blank spaces. Every once in awhile I can still ask my mom and instead of saying "I can't remember" she gives me some information that I haven't heard before. Basically, I would like input from all of you about your families and your stories given to you by your mom or dad about the Smith "side" of your family. I will be posting pages from the scrapbook that I have written and hopefully (if I can figure out how) I will also be adding pictures.

Please pass on this site to your families. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: