Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Down in the Hills

This is what is written on the back of this picture: "The Smith Home. Juanita waving, Ethel carrying Gerald, Lois Jea next to Ethel, Geraldine ad Lavaughn. The old house where all of us kids were born. In this picture you can see the cow lot; the garden near side of the house and the potato patch at the back of the house. We climbed this hill each morning on our way to school. We would often see snakes, tarantula spiders, and large green lizards. Also poisnous scorpions with their tails over their backs. Wolves and cayotes would howl at night."

1 comment:

sis said...

Wow, Thanks for the great picture. You know I remember walking up those hills to get to our car. I guess this time we were not going to the car, as my father is not in the picture.I remember going up the hill on the back of a horse with my Dad, and the horse rose up on his hind legs, and Dad and I went off the end of the horse. Still afraid of horses. Think they are pretty, but do not want to be on one. Ha Thanks again for the pictures.
Love, Jeri